Hospitalisation can sometimes feel like a period of turmoil. This feeling does not automatically vanish upon discharge from the hospital, when a patient might feel overwhelmed and powerless on an emotional, relational and social level.
The Europe Hospitals want to accompany the patient, throughout this difficult period, in handling his/her administrative work, financial matters and the continuity of post hospitalisation care. This is why the patient is the main concern of the social service, and we will treat the patient with respect, doing all we can to meet his/her preferences, needs and personal values. The accompaniment is a free and confidential service that can be provided before, during or after the patient’s hospitalisation.
How do I contact the social service?
- By phone:
- St-Elisabeth site: 02-614 92 92
- St-Michel site: 02-614 93 93
- Through the reception desk at the hospital’s main entrance
- Through the unit nurse/medical officer
- Monday to Friday opening hours: from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, preferably by appointment.
Where can I meet someone from the social service?
The interview can take place in the ward or in the social service department itself, depending on the patients’ state of health and preferences.
Granting rights to people with disabilities
The Europe Hospitals offer patients the possibility to make an appointment with the social worker of the FPS Social Security - DG Disabled Persons.
WHAT CAN him DO FOR THE PATIENT?
1. Income replacement/integration allowance (18-65 years) / old age allowance (+65 years)
- Questions about my file, payment, debt, change of family situation,...
- How to apply and where?
- Conditions of granting, procedure, recognition of disability
- Social benefits: parking card, social rate, etc.
- Explanations of decision
2. Supplementary family allowance (increased): 0 to 17 years inclusive
- How and where to apply?
- Conditions for granting, procedure, recognition of disability
- Social benefits (if included in the decision)
- Attestations: parking card, social tariff,...( if comes with decision)
- Explanation of decision (if it comes with the decision)
Every 3rd Tuesday of the month, from 9 a.m. to Midday, at the St-Elisabeth site, avenue De Frélaan 206, 1180 Brussels.
Please make an appointment at 02-614 92 92.
Are you interested in doing an internship with the social service?
The social service also coordinates: