Find a dietetician
About the dietetic department
The dietetics department is made up of a team of motivated dietitians who provide nutritional care for hospital patients, as well as for anyone seeking advice or personalised nutritional monitoring.
At the Europe Hospitals, we have a wide and varied remit:
With patient in hospitalisation
- We assess patients' nutritional needs in order to propose a nutritional strategy in collaboration with doctors and nursing staff.
- We detect, prevent and manage undernutrition.
- We take care to adapt your diet in line with medical requirements, your state of health, your tastes and eating habits, and any allergies or food intolerances you may have.
- We ensure a balanced diet, nutritional quality and quality control, as well as optimum hygiene in the preparation and distribution of meals.
- We provide nutritional education for patients and their families, offering personalised advice (both practical and concrete).
- We run group activities on nutritional health education in the psychiatry department.
The dietician's role is to help you adapt your diet to suit your needs, whether as part of:
- rebalancing your diet
- a specific situation (pregnancy, childhood, the elderly, sport, etc.)
- a medical condition requiring you to adapt your eating habits (cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, high blood pressure, food allergies, obesity, etc.).
All our dieticians are approved by the Federal Public Health Service. We take care of patients undergoing treatment (diabetes, renal failure or paediatrics) or under a diabetes agreement.
Some mutual insurance companies will cover part of the cost of dietetic consultations. Don't hesitate to ask before your consultation.
The dietetics department works closely with our specialist centres within the Europe Hospitals:
- Weight & Health Care Centre
- "Cardiac Revalidation" for the management of cardiovascular disease.
- Kidney Failure Centre
- Oncology Department - Breast Clinic
BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT THE DIETETIC DEPARTMENT?
online* or by phone on 02-614 44 00 from Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4pm.
*It is now possible to make an appointment online by clicking on the picture of your specialist in the list of doctors and healthcare providers. If there is no button under the picture of your specialist, please contact the secretary’s office by phone.
HOW TO CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT AT THE DIETETIC DEPARTMENT?
If you cannot honour your scheduled appointment, we request that you release the time slot by notifying us at your earliest convenience, at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel will result in a charge of 25 euros to your account, as the time slot could not be offered to another patient and was therefore wasted.
You can cancel your appointment:
- Via the email you received when you made your appointment online
- Or by filling in our form
- Or by phone, at 02-614 44 00
- Registration at level 0, consultation dietetic department: route 100.
Registration at level 0, consultation at level 0 in front of the internal medicine consultations.
Source: Responsible Dietetics Department - Last update: 06/07/2023
Source illustration: Food in action